December 31, 2006

My Top 15 Recipes of 2006

I'm talking the best of the best. The recipes I've made over and over again. Those which I continue to make for years on end. Here is the official list.

In no particular order...

15. Rachael Ray's PB&J Cookies. They are tender, flavorful and great for adults too.


14. Cream Puffs with Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream. Easy to make, delicious results.


13. Nesting Baby Bluebird Cupcakes. Sooo delicious. The chocolate frosting and coconut topping slays me.


12. Cherry & Vanilla Layer Cake. Yes it uses a box mix, but it tastes so damn good, I could care less.


11. Banana Butterscotch Cake. Oh sooo delicious. I never would have imagined banana and butterscotch flavors would go together so well.


10. Tomato Sandwich with Basil Mayonnaise. Truly a heavenly experience.


9. Alton's Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee. A classic and completely perfect recipe.


8. Strawberry, Honey and Lavender Freezer Jam. My own creation and it now a staple in my kitchen.


7. Smith and Wesson Cocktail. Sure, it ain't pretty, but I crave this whenever I'm in the mood for alcohol.


6. Ooey Gooey Pepperoni Mac and Cheese. This isn't a hum drum sort of recipe -- it is mac and cheese taken to the next level.


5. Paula's Peanut Butter and Banana Fried Sandwich. Need I say more?


4. Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan and Marshmallow Streusel. The surprise hit at our Thanksgiving table. I. could. not. get. enough.


3. Grilled Portobello and Sun Dried Tomato Sandwich with Garlic Herb Mayo. For the mushroom lovers out there, this is a delicious new way to enjoy your favorite fungi.


2. Bread Nugat. Quick to throw together with amazing results. You could totally change up the recipe by adding different spices, adding some chocolate chips, or even some crystallized ginger. Not all at the same time, mind you, but you get the idea.


1. Fabulous Fudge Chocolate Cake. The best chocolate cake I made all year. I would recommend a basic chocolate frosting as I like chocolate on chocolate flavors the best.