November 09, 2006

Speaking of Lisa...

Going through her archives reminded me of a particular Bread Nugat that I wanted to try. This recipe comes from Gattina originally. I omitted the 1/3 cup of walnuts called for in her recipe but feel free to add them back in to the sugar mixture used to coat the pieces of dough.

Updated to add that I never said how it turned out -- it is amazing! I've already eaten half of it by myself. Shameful...


Lisa and Gattina's Bread Nugat

1 can Pillsbury plain flavored biscuit
1/4 + 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 Tbsp. butter
1/8 c. dark brown sugar
1/3 c. evaporated milk

Pre-heat oven to 350-F degrees.

In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon, set side.

Prepare a 8" cake pan, cut each biscuit into four pieces, coat each piece with the sugar mixture, place in the pan.

In a small pot, heat the evaporate milk, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter to boil, immediately pour it over to the bread pieces.

Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.