May 06, 2006

Fiesta Shrimp Tacos with Cucumber & Avocado Salsa



Fiesta Shrimp Tacos with Avocado & Cucumber Salsa
Makes approx. 8 tacos



1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
1 (1.25 oz) pkg. Old Ed Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 lb. shelled deveined uncooked medium shrimp
1 package hard taco shells (12 count)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1. Heat oven to 375 f degrees. In medium bowl, combine sour cream, cucumber and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix; mix well. In small bowl, combine avocados and lime juice; toss to coat. Set aside. (My changes were: I used plain sour cream on the side, nixed the cucumber and salsa. So all I really had was the avocado and lime juice, with a side of sour cream. I veered from the recipe pretty bad, I know, but I couldn't make another trip to the store for the cucumber. Lord forgive me!)


2. In another bowl, combine shrimp and remaining taco seasoning mix, toss to coat.


3. Heat taco shells as directed.


4. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently.


5. Spoon shrimp into warm taco shells. Top each with sour cream mixture, avocados, salsa and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury Quick & Easy Bake-Off Contest 39