February 15, 2006

cheese sandwich day

I decided to try out a few spur of the moment sandwiches to celebrate Cheese Sandwich Day. Everything was on the fly and ingredients were determined simply by what looked good at the moment. The big winner was an Edam and Aged White Cheddar Sandwich:


Grilled Cheese - Edam and White Cheddar


Mmm. Doesn't it look amazing? It was amazing.


Edam and White Cheddar Sandwich
Here is the 'before' shot. It is unassuming and adorable.


Up next was a Proscuitto, Edam, Spinach and Grapefruit-Peach Marmalade Cheese Sandwich. This was my mom's favorite of the day.


Edam and Peach-Grapefruit Marmalade Cheese Sandwich
I have come to the opinion that if you have Proscuitto and any kind of cheese, adding something sweet always works. Whether it be a fruit or jam, you really can't go wrong. Well, if you are really trying to go wrong on purpose, I'm sure you could. But you'd have to be one crazy bitch to set out with that goal in mind.


Pear, Edam & Cherry Balsamic Cheese Sandwich
My last cheese sandwich creation had Pear, Proscuitto, Spinach, Edam and Cherry Balsamic Vinegar. The pear was what didn't fit quite right this time around. Too thick, too soft..I would try sauteing some apples next time around and I imagine it would taste fantastic.


Paninis
Yummy and ready for consumption.


Panini Maker
On a side note, we used my mom's new panini maker for our cheese sammies. Isn't it beautiful?