January 24, 2006

White Chocolate & Cherry Chip Brownies



Chocolate and cherry brownie goodness! Another variation might be to use lemon and white chocolate chips. Mmm..


PS - You can order Cherry Chips online at King Arthur Flour if you can't find them at your local specialty baking store.





I revisited the original recipe for cake mix brownies and made a simple alteration of using a mix of white chocolate and cherry chips. I went overboard with the cherry chips, as shown above. I would recommend using the indicated amount in the recipe otherwise you'll get an almost too sweet brownie like I got.

White Chocolate & Cherry Chip Brownies - Recipe Alteration from 101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix



1 chocolate fudge cake mix
2 eggs (I always use 3 and get a very soft, moist brownie)
1/3 c. oil
3/4 total - using a mix of white chocolate and cherry chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together cake mix, eggs and oil. Stir in chocolate chips. Mixture will be stiff (unless you add a 3rd egg like I do). Press batter into a greased 9"x13" pan.



2. Bake 14-16 minutes. (I always cook about 10 minutes longer or more) Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be topped with favorite frosting if desired.




Don't try to flip it out of the pan too early. Chaos will ensue.