October 17, 2005

Peanut Butter Brownies




It's official. I've gone overboard with this cookbook. I just can't help myself. Esh.

Anyways, I added a slight twist to these brownies, which called for 2/3 cup of chunky peanut butter. I used creamy peanut butter, only because it is what I had on hand, but I also added probably a 1/4 cup of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter from Peanut Butter & Co.








Peanut Butter Brownies

1 Box yellow or white cake mix (I used yellow)
2 eggs
2/3 c. peanut butter (chunky or plain)
1/3 c. oil
1/4 c. dark chocolate peanut butter (if you desire)
Directions: Mix the oil, eggs and cake mix until thoroughly combined. Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated. It wasn't completely mixed in for my batch, which gave them a nice rippled dark peanut butter effect. Bake at 350 f degrees for approximately 20 minutes in a 9 x 13 pan. I once again used a much smaller 8 x 8 (or so) pan so it needed at least 10-15 more minutes to cook.


Voila! I love that these recipes take less than 5 minutes flat to whip up with only one bowl to clean up. These brownies is definitely rich - with a moist but crumbly texture to them. A glass of milk is most definitely recommended!