October 11, 2005

Lemon Squares




Time for recipe #2 from 101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix - Lemon Bars. There are two lemon bar recipes in this book, the other being "Chewy Lemon Bars" but I figured I might as well keep this in an orderly fashion and go from the front to the back of the book.





I had a much smaller pan than they called for in the recipe. I think it was 8"x 8" and it cooked probably 10 minutes longer. I stopped myself from once again adding a third egg to the recipe since this time it didn't seem very dry at all. Might it be because I got the "Super Moist Lemon Cake Mix"? Possibly.



After a quick dusting of powdered sugar they are ready to go! This recipe is probably best for those who don't relish that ooey gooey somewhat undercooked texture of regular lemon bars (or chewy lemon bars, for that matter)


Lemon Squares


1 lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
powdered sugar



Preheat oven to 350-f degrees.


In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mixture will be stiff. Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 9"x13" pan.


Bake 13-15 minutes until golden on top.


Cool, then sprinkle powdered sugar over the squares.