October 19, 2005

Lemon Poppyseed Bread with Glaze



So being in this state of using mixes to make other random things, I thought to myself that poppyseed bread sounded much more homey than poppyseed muffins (no reasoning there, it just did). But lo and behold, as I looked at the back of the box to try to gage what I should add to make said bread, they had their own recipe. Psh!

I feel like posting about this is a bit of a cop out but it looked pretty enough to justify.





I started off with a box of Betty Crocker Sunkist Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mix. It also comes with a 'pouch of lemon glaze', so that's what to be on the lookout for if you make this.


Lemon Poppyseed Bread with Glaze


1/3 cup AP flour
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs



Preheat to 375 f. Grease bread pan (either 8 x 4 or 9 x 5). Stir all ingredients except glaze. Spread into pan. Bake 35-45 minutes, the former for the larger pan, the latter for the smaller pan. Cool for around 20 minutes and remove from bread pan. Let cool completely. Add glaze!


I suppose it is a recipe like any other. It's just not written by someone famous. But I don't give a shit about that sort of thing. Until tomorrow!