September 30, 2004

Old Timey Orange Cookies


I am a super huge fan of old-timey recipes. The recipes where they don't even tell ya what temp to cook your food at. Here is one such:
Old Fashioned Orange Cookies


1/2 cup of butter
1/3 cup of orange juice
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 cups or more of flour
Grated rind of 1 orange (I used penzeys dried; quite a bit of it)
4 tsp. of baking powder
1 egg, beaten lightly
1 tsp. Orange extract

Directions:
1. Mix in the usual manner, but without separating the white and yolk of the egg.

2. Drop large tablespoonfuls on baking sheet, sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake in a moderate oven. (375° to you and me)
I love citrusy foods, and these chewy orange cookies were pretty damn good. I sprinkled a good bit of sugar on top, anticipating it to dissolve or...i dunno what, but expecting it to not be soo much ontop. Damn good regardless.